JANUARY 2023 PATCH
REGIMENTAL CACHES, NEW UNIQUES, NEW ARMORS.
MOMMA AIN'T RAISE NO REG.
The 99th Collection is now available in-game until January 18th.
FIREWORKS & NEW WORKS.
The first noteworthy patch of the server.
RESURGENCE.
Throw it back to where it all began with Season 1's loot.

Forums are back!

• Expect issues or mishaps while we continue to put the forums into gear. If you notice any issues, please don't hesitate to fill out a bug report.

Other Suggestion SPUTNIK 14's Suggestion: A better Y-Wing for better immersion.

Novic

Veteran
Verified
Reaction score
Sometimes when you are out there in the field you incounter heavy resistance or a traget that needs a bombing run. you call a bombing run, and you take cover. You look up expecting the iconic Y-Wing to fly over and blow the clankers to scraps but instead you get some really wierd spacecraft instead. It genarlly kills the immersion for both ground units and pilots. The only Y-Wing out there on the workshop that is not a clone wars animated or a Civil War era model is Miss Venator's Y-Wing which is great but suffers from a really wacky Vtol mechanic. I however have found a better Y-Wing out there.

Xernes's Y-Wing:

This Y-Wing does not include a Wacky Vtol mode and flies a lot like an ARC-170.

Textures and Skins:

Xernes's Y-Wing adds 11 skins ( i only included a few ).

Y-Wing Skins.gif

It is also indentical to Miss Venator's in terms of textures, which are really good. (I was originally going to add a gif of the Y-Wing spinning but file was too big.)

20210531150751_1.jpg

Flight Performance:

Over all handeling is the same as an ARC-170.
When it comes to speed its slower however it retains the same HP and Shields as an ARC-170. As mentioned before hover works like an ARC-170 or LAAT, no wanky Vtol movment and no need to press spacebar to move forward.

Simple Xernes's Y-Wing vs current ARC-170

Y-Wing:

SPEED: 100% - 160 / 120% - 192 KM/H
SHIELD: 600
HP: 1600

ARC-170:

SPEED: 100% - 184 / 120% - 226 KM/H
SHIELD: 600
HP: 1600

Firepower:

This addon comes with two types of Y-Wings one that fires missiles from the nose, and on that drops bombs vertically (with a slight anlgle forwards) from the belly of the spacecraft.
The Y-Wing carries 40 Missiles and the Y-Wing Bombardier carries 40 Bombs. Firing is simple right click to fire one missle/bomb to fire multiple just press right click as many times depending on how many you want to luanch. Just like an ARC-170 or a LAAT but without cool downs. and of course a standard 1500 Round Laser cannons. I did not check for damage values. It also comes with a functional back turret for a gunner. (couldnt upload gif due to size constraints).

Y-Wing Bombing Run Top-min-min-min.gifY-Wing Rocket Run Side-min-min-min.gif

(Sorry for the quality, flying while in an external camera of this view is a bit hard and i also had to compress this a million times to get it around 1MB)
As seen above on the left would be the Y-Wing Bombardier doing carpet bombing and on the top left the Y-Wing doing a missile strafe run.

Final Words:
I believe this would make an excellent addition on the server serving both pilots and ground units. It solves the issue (i believe that was the main reason) of the previous Y-Wing.
Some quick Pros and Cons:

Good Handling
2 separate loadouts
Functional top gunner turret

Multiple skins

New to the workshop, was uploaded on May 22

What do you all think?
All gifs and screenshots are provided by me (SPUTNIK 14), for more screenshots check out Xernes's workshop page for the Y-Wing.

+1 this would work much better then the one we have as of now

HUGE +1
I tested this out in singleplayer it takes out droids just the same as the NBT Bomber which is good. More Lore Accurate, about the same size as the NBT. Good skins as well.

The Y-Wing was already planned to replace to NBT Heavy Bomber in the next update.

The Y-Wing was already planned to replace to NBT Heavy Bomber in the next update.
Which Y-Wing will we be getting? something already from the workshop or custom? and if workshop by who will it be?

+1/Neutral.

It looks good and better immersion but I also believe that the NBT is kinda fine.

Which Y-Wing will we be getting? something already from the workshop or custom? and if workshop by who will it be?
The newly released one you linked without the additional skins.
Only reason the NBT Heavy Bomber came to exist is because the older Y-Wing on workshop broke over time with garry's mod and LFS updates.

Time to waste all my credits and fly the Y-Wing at literally any opportunity to do so