JANUARY 2023 PATCH
REGIMENTAL CACHES, NEW UNIQUES, NEW ARMORS.
MOMMA AIN'T RAISE NO REG.
The 99th Collection is now available in-game until January 18th.
FIREWORKS & NEW WORKS.
The first noteworthy patch of the server.
RESURGENCE.
Throw it back to where it all began with Season 1's loot.

Forums are back!

• Expect issues or mishaps while we continue to put the forums into gear. If you notice any issues, please don't hesitate to fill out a bug report.

Other Suggestion Regimental Drill Instructors

Another Rain

Verified
Reaction score
[Name of Suggestion]: Regimental Drill Instructors

[Types of Suggestion]: Class Suggestion

[Description]: In every single regiment, there could be up to 3 Drill Instructors who have had a lot of experience in their respective regiments. One example is myself whom I've been in every single subclass and sub-company in 501st and have been in it for over a year. A Drill Instructor's main goal would be to host some creative training, make sure that the battalion is in line and to help NCOs to host their training, whether the Drill Instructor would give feedback in the end based on their experience, hand out tips or whether the Instructor would play a rather big role in the training or SIM itself. Of course, this "rank" would be optional for NCOs or above who are required to have experience in their battalionsso the class' "power" would not be abused.

[Result]: First and foremost, it would encourage old players in battalions, who are not planning to reach any higher rank in their regiments in an NCO rank or higher, to participate more with much less stress and to play more in the battalion, not "ghosting" it or leaving it behind for another battalion or just overall retiring. In addition, it would also encourage more passive RP within the regiment, as the Drill Instructor class would be used for RP purposes and not because of "haha gun and equipment go brrr" goals. It has come to many people's attention, that whenever there is not an event, a lot of players just go AFK and don't RP with each other, so a Drill Instuctor would offer a hand.

[Further Comments]: I know that some people, without even reading, would immediately type "We don't need this", dismissing the idea completely, but I think that it would be a fine addition to battalions for more RP and for more diversity of doing something extra without being stressed out. Like mentioned above, the class itself would be mostly for RP instead of having an arsenal of overpowered equipment that players would be looking forward to decimate droids or event characters with, hence it can only benefit the server than cause any harm. If we got "Senior Commanders", I don't see why not adding an optional subclass called "Drill Instructor" too.

[Example]:

1646498595162.png

Neutral

-NCO's and higher can already sort of "RP" as a drill instructor if they want to. Having the whitelist just makes it an official title so in that sense it would be unnecessary
-At the same time I wouldn't mind seeing drill instructors around giving people trainings and that being their main task

I'm going to say neutral because it's something that players can already choose to do if they want to do a ton of trainings and such but likewise I wouldn't mind seeing them around

If it's only there for RP, why can't the officers or NCOs start roleplaying as one?

If it's only there for RP, why can't the officers or NCOs start roleplaying as one?
It's really the same question as "Why are there Senior Commanders if all of the battalions with Commanders can do the same thing?" It gives people more options, something more to look forward to, especially if they don't plan getting any higher. It's just an extra option with its own benefits and responsibilities. Normally, NCOs and Officers host training and SIMs to rank up and to not be demoted. The Drill Instructor would focus on more passive RP for the passive RP enjoyers, but could also help in combat scenarios. The "Result" and "Further Comments" sections narrow it down better. With the same logic, Civilians technically would not be "needed", due to the fact that GMs can RP as them as ECs, whether it being passive or combat RP. It's not because the server heavily "needs" them. It's because they would be a pretty fine addition, encourage more RP and allow different types of RPers to do more.

Last edited:
I like the idea of motivating people to do more trainings and such in between events.
My main issue with this is that it doesn't address the actual issue which leads to a lack of trainings and rp.
I feel that all NCOs should be expected to do these things already and adding a new class specifically for this would simply give all the other NCOs an excuse to slack and just go afk.
Also, as some other people have stated, You can kinda just do this with rp so I dont think management would add a whitelist to every single battalion.

I do think that it could kinda work as a part of repcom to organize joint trainings but I think this is unnecessary.

Seems more of a Republic Command thing than a Regimental thing.

Seems more of a Republic Command thing than a Regimental thing.
Knowing your utmost creativity, you could make it work with the cooperation of willing people who would wish to take the mantle of a "permanent" Drill Instructor and keep their battalions in line and to assist newer NCOs into becoming better leaders by offering tips of previous experiences/solid feedback and constructive criticism and by making sure that all troopers in their regiment know their stuff by reevaluating them monthly, helping NCOs do their check lists, quotas and any big training they need an extra hand on. It could also be used as a core support role from experienced people within a regiment to assist their own. If we got the Senior Commander Rank, which is basically an honorary rank for old AOTR members who proved themselves worthy of being amazing and experienced Commanders, I don't see why not adding another rank such as the one of a Drill Instructor, which could be optional and for people who don't want to get any higher of the rank of "Sergeant First Class". And with that addition of a comment you've added, it would also be interesting if they worked with repcomm too, something like regimental ARC.

Yea rain I mean I think having drill instructors as a class is a mistake. It would breed laziness from others imo. As a NCO+ your job is to create fun and engaging trainings to keep your retention up. Those positions should be taken with the understanding that it comes with the job
Goodluck homie

Although a small.spinoff for Repcom could be a training official. I think Owen said it to. Have a Repcom position/lore/branch dedicated to trainings (for joints) they would come up with things to keep regiments on the toes and challenge them. Possibly a gm only position? Idk if the logistics would get to crazy tho