JANUARY 2023 PATCH
REGIMENTAL CACHES, NEW UNIQUES, NEW ARMORS.
MOMMA AIN'T RAISE NO REG.
The 99th Collection is now available in-game until January 18th.
FIREWORKS & NEW WORKS.
The first noteworthy patch of the server.
RESURGENCE.
Throw it back to where it all began with Season 1's loot.

Forums are back!

• Expect issues or mishaps while we continue to put the forums into gear. If you notice any issues, please don't hesitate to fill out a bug report.

Information How to properly setup your autoexec.cfg file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour

Forums God
Forum Manager
Network
Developer
Reaction score
  1. First off, know what an autoexec.cfg file is. It is a file your garry's mod looks at to automatically run a set of commands everytime you launch the game. (Similar to launch parameters, but sort of an easier way to do it.)
    1. This guide is being written with CloneWarsRP in mind, but you SantosRP/Purge/Police players could use it as well.
    2. Utilizing your autoexec file can help with FPS or crashing issues.
  2. Navigate to E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg (your directory might be different but it will always be garrysmod\cfg)
  3. There you will find an autoexec.cfg file. Open it up, and it should be blank.
  4. Here are a few commands to get you started, and what they do:
    1. fps_max 0 - Removes the FPS limit.
    2. r_shadows 0 - Removes shadows from rendering, also prevents gmod shadow bugs from happening.
    3. mat_specular 0- On CloneWarsRP specifically, some models have special textures that are affected by light, and might not render correctly for you. This removes that issue when models are pink and shiny. See the spoiler below for an example.
      1. 4c4475-Firm.png
        074474-Antiquewhite.png
    4. r_drawmodeldecals 0 - Prevents bullet holes, blood splatter, blaster marks, etc. from showing up on props/vehicles/models of any kind. Garry's Mod has a tough time rendering these things on high poly models, so it helps to disable it all together.
    5. r_decals 0 - Prevents bullet holes and all that jazz from showing up too often or at all, helps immensely with FPS. (Kind of does the same thing as the command above, but disables decals globally.)
    6. gmod_mcore_test 1 - If you have joined our servers, you would have noticed a FPS Booster popup menu. This is the command it runs, and basically allows gmod to utilize a CPU core properly.
  5. These next commands are dependent entirely on your PC setup, so pay close attention.
    1. threadpool_affinity 2 - This tells Garry's Mod the amount of CPU-Cores it is allowed to use. I personally have it set to 2, and I have an i7-9700f at the time of writing this guide. 8 for octa-core, 6 for hexa-core, 4 for quad-core, 2 for double-core.
    2. mem_max_heapsize 4000 - This tells Garry's Mod the total amount of RAM it is allowed to use. The number variable is set in MB, so if you want to dedicate 2GB of RAM, enter 2000 instead, and so on.
If you did everything correctly, your file should look something like this:
2c4473-Elaborate.png

I highly advise you look into some other commands if you want to get more in-depth, but these commands I have found to work best on CWRP. Goodluck!

EDIT:
You MUST be running Garry's Mod on x64bit for this to work 100%. If you can't, that's fine.
To do this, right click on it in your library and head to properties, then to Betas.
x64bit or x64bit-binaries will work just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.